|Description||UEM EDGENTA BERHAD (“UEM EDGENTA” OR “COMPANY”)
– LETTER OF AWARD FOR THE PROVISION OF HOSPITAL SUPPORT SERVICES AT THE NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE, MINISTRY OF HEALTH MALAYSIA (“CONTRACT”)
UEM Edgenta is pleased to announce that Edgenta Mediserve Sdn Bhd (“EMSB”), a 100% subsidiary of the Company has on 4 July 2017 accepted a Letter of Award from the Ministry of Health Malaysia for the provision of Hospital Support Services at the National Cancer Institute, Putrajaya.
The scope of work includes: –
1. Facility Engineering Maintenance Services (FEMS)
2. Biomedical Engineering Maintenance Services (BEMS)
3. Cleansing Services (CLS)
4. Healthcare Waste Management Services (HWMS)
5. Linen and Laundry Services (LLS); and
6. Facility Management Services (FMS).
The contract value is estimated at RM75.5 million (inclusive of goods and services tax and ePerolehan services fee) and will be effective from 1 September 2017 to 31 August 2019 and is expected to contribute positively to the Group’s future earnings and net assets per share. The Contract will not have any effect on the issued and paid-up share capital, or on the shareholding of the substantial shareholders of the Company.
Risk factors in relation to the Contract are mainly operational in nature and includes changes in political, economic and regulatory conditions. EMSB has the extensive experience and strong track record to undertake the services. To mitigate the operational risk, EMSB shall ensure strict compliance to its operational policies and procedures in the delivery of services required under the Contract.
None of the directors and/or major shareholders of the Company or persons connected to them have any interest, direct or indirect, in the new contract awarded.
This announcement is dated 4 July 2017.